Read the daily quote from Pope Francis

 

St. Rose of Lima Cemetery

 

St Rose of Lima Cemetery

180 S Fremont St

Lewiston MN.

 

St Rose of Lima Cemetery is located behind the St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church.  It is a visible symbol of our faith in Jesus Christ and our hope of resurrection. The peaceful atmosphere of St Rose of Lima Cemetery reflects our respect for our loved ones who rest here.

The first person buried in the cemetery is Michael Murphy in 1871 and then John Steinmetz also in 1871. Then two babies, Pauline Becthold and Anne Murphy were buried in 1873, the same year the land was donated to St Rose of Lima with the first Church being built in 1876.

 

 

North Section

Click on the picture above to view the North Section Map

 

South Section

Click on the picture above to view the South Section Map

 

Marion Section

Click on the picture above to view the Marion Section Map

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Alphabetic list of assigned lot owners

 

St Rose of Lima Cemetery Regulations

Summary of Changes in the

St. Rose of Lima Catholic Cemetery Rules and Regulations Book,

dated July 1, 2016.

 

Section 4.0          The burial of pets nor any other animal is never permitted.

Section 7.0/8.0  Only those persons approved by the pastor may excavate soil for the grave.  Alterations were made for burial and container.

Section 11.0        No symbols contrary to Catholic teaching may be used.

Section 14.0        St. Rose of Lima Cemetery will consider the repurchase of unused lots.